OdorXit® Concentrate is a safe and effective water based odor elimination product that uses one or more of 3 chemical processes to permanently eliminate odors by neutralizing their source. If the area is re-contaminated, it will need to be re-treated.
OdorXit® Concentrate contains only water soluble organic essential oils diluted in water that use one or more of the following processes to permanently eliminate tough odors including:
- Absorption. This is the physical penetration of the malodor substance into the inner molecular structures of the product.
- Bonding (chemisorption). Involves the exchange or sharing of electrons between the malodor atoms and those of the product. This is a very quick-acting technology. However, if used alone, it will not be a permanent solution. Depending upon the malodor, desorption of between 10 to 50% may take place over a period of 30 minutes to 4 hours (the odor comes back).
- Counteraction. A phenomenon that occurs when the proper two odors are physically in the same area, with the overall odor being reduced instead of increased. This method is termed neutralization when no odor results and reodorization when a milder pleasant odor replaces the malodor. It works through Zwaardemaker pairs (conjugates), pairs of odorants that neutralize each other’s respective odors. This principle works by having the counteractant in the same physical state as the malodor. Thus it can be effective on solids, liquids and gases.
OdorXit® Concentrate is supplied as a highly concentrated liquid that must be diluted to work properly.
Having to dilute the product before use is a inconvenience, but, with the skyrocketing cost of shipping and the bottles of liquid larger than 1/2 gallon are very vulnerable to puncture and breakage during shipment. Shipping 30 ounces of water for every 1 ounce of concentrate seems like a dumb idea and limits the available concentrations of the diluted ready to use product.
The other inconvenience is the lack of a sprayer. However, the actual type of sprayer needed for a project varies considerably depending on the application. Trigger sprayers work fine for small and vertical areas but poorly on larger areas. Yard/deck sprayers work well on larger indoor areas and smaller outdoor applications. Hose end sprayers work really well but are limited to large outdoor areas and large crawl spaces. Selecting and locally acquiring the appropriate sprayer for your application is much cheaper and easier than buying it on-line and having it shipped.
In general the dilution rates vary from 1 part of concentrate to:
- 15 parts of water on vertical surfaces,
- 30 parts of water for horizontal surfaces,
- and 50 to 100 of parts water in washing machines and on dirt.
(a “part” of water or concentrate can be an ounce or a cc or what ever measure you want to use but it has to be the same for both the concentrate and the water. Further, mixing OdorXit® Concentrate is not rocket science. If you are trying to make a quart of 30 to 1 solution and it turns out to be 33 to 1 or 28 to 1 it will make no measurable difference in the outcome.)
In order for OdorXit® Concentrate to perform properly it must come in direct contact with the cause of the odor in sufficient quantities to neutralize the source. The actual amount of solution necessary to completely neutralize a specific odor causing material is closely related to how much material there is to be neutralized and to a much lessor extent what the material is (urine, vomit, feces, rotting food, etc.).
Suffice to say, the less material there is to neutralize, the less OdorXit® Solution you will need to neutralize it. Since most odor sources are water soluble and the ones that are not water soluble can be made water soluble with detergent. Washing the contaminated area with detergent and water is a good start, but removing the spent detergent from the contaminated area is a critical part of the process. Further, rinsing the contaminated area with fresh water and removing the rinse water makes a big difference as well.
Actually removing the spent detergent and rinse water is a part of the process that is under estimated and generally less than completely effective. Using a water tolerant vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner or wet/dry shop vacuum are the best ways to remove the spent liquids. Wiping or moping the area is not nearly as effective. Simply allowing the are to dry is not acceptable and often makes the problem worse by allowing the water loaded with the odor source materials to soak further into the area being cleaned.
OdorXit® Concentrate works on a wide varsity of organic odors including but not limited to:
- urine from all animals and humans
- dead animals
- rotting meat
- and a wide variety of other organic odors
OdorXit® Concentrate can be applied to many surfaces and materials including but not limited to:
- pet fur
- and much more .